How Goodwill Programs Help Your Business
Hiring a graduate of the Goodwill job skill building programs means you will have an employee who:
- Knows their strengths and is able to communicate well in writing and speaking
- Experienced job interviews. Knows how their skills may benefit your business*
- Brings valuable work experience to your business**
- Has training and demonstrated understanding of one or more basic soft skills***
- Gained new skills applicable to the marketplace
- Gained self-confidence and personal responsibility
- Received business clothing and was coached on appropriate work attire
- Learned logical thinking and decision-making***
- Demonstrated logical thinking and decision-making in a real work situation**
* Goodwill offers mock interview sessions to participants. Experienced business people conduct the mock interviews. Interested? Ask us about our volunteer coaches program.
** Jobs that participants might perform in their training at Goodwill, doing hands-on training in the warehouse, office or stores – Retail Associate, Team Leader, Bookkeeper, Textile Baling Operator, Custodian, Cutting Operator, Forklift Operator, Cardboard Baling Operator, Donations Attendant, Recycling Processor, and Quality Assurance Checker.
*** Soft skills include time management, teamwork, conflict resolution, dependability, personal responsibility, decision-making, leadership and more.
|PREV: Who Benefits?||Goodwill Programs||Contact Us for A Tour|